Sunday, January 13, 2008

Monster Truck Rally



It is amazing the things that kids/people get excited about. Last night I took T to the Monster Truck Rally here in San Angelo. We almost didn't go, but luckily I had a very nice lady help us out and was able to get some "cheap seat tickets" after all. He Never stopped smiling. He also didn't sit still because he liked it so much.

I remember when Mom, Dad, Jim, Karen and I went to the truck shows when we were kids. We loved the excitement and the trucks and the atmosphere the adrenaline created around us. I have not felt that way in a long time. So, needless to say when I took T last night to the show, I ended up having just as much fun as he did, if not more. I was concerned about the noise, but with the ear plugs in, it was not bad at all. T never quit smiling!! I mean it, he loved it and has already asked if we can go again this summer. It was so fun to watch him smile, clap, cheer and enjoy our time together. If it is one thing he and I know how to do, it is to have fun together....

The yellow truck, Monster Moose, was driven by a woman. She was more aggressive in her execution than the men were. She was great! So much that T said when we left "Mommy you can do that too!" The other trucks pictured below are Public Disturbance, Reptoid, and of course Big Foot!








If you have not had the pleasure of going to one of these shows, I suggest you take a couple of hours out of your day and take a child. You will enjoy it as much as they do!

1 comment:

Campbell said...

I'm glad you guys had fun at the show. This is Jen Campbell (the chick in the yellow truck) and thanks for the positive comments. It's things like that that keep me going. Anyways. I was actually just looking for pictures of the trucks from shows, and stumbled across your page. I wanted to ask if I could use some of yours. If that is ok, we could send you some of our 8x10 photo cards of the trucks. See it's hard to take pictures while we are driving..so. Anyways, your site it pretty cool, I took a moment to look through it. E-mail me at bigtoyzracing@hotmail.com or check out our website www.bigtoyzracing.com