Monday, January 7, 2008

2007 in Review

I hope this post finds you all doing well and as blessed as Tristan and I have been over the last year. There have been a lot of changes in our lives since Tristan was born in 2003. Time sure flies and runs short when you are busy raising a little boy by yourself. Well, in order to remedy my oversight in keeping everyone up to date, I decided to let him help me with it. So, the pictures you see of him were designated to be important times by him.

This year started out a little tough for us. I was in and out of the hospital with problems of an unknown source. In the end, the doctors decided to perform a Hysterectomy. Thank God! I have had NO (and I am knocking on wood right now) medical problems since. This has been the first year I have gone without health problems for as long as I can remember. It is a total blessing from God and I thank him every day for it. My family came up to help me with Tristan and I thank them for that too! It would have been a long hard road without them.

I had been working for an Oral Surgeon and loved my job for the last year and a half when my brother decided to recruit and recommend me to Multi-Chem; the company he works for. I have been working there since Nov 29th and love every part of it! I am an Accounts Payable Clerk. Even though it is a change from being in the Dental field for the last seven years, it is just as interesting and challenging.

This year has really flown by quick. Tristan has continued to grow like a weed. Every time I turned around, he had learned something new . We have spent a lot of this year doing “firsts”….He learned to bowl...

...He learned to Ride a “Big boy Bike” and a Battery Powered Four Wheeler...

...He got his first set of roller skates and with them came a few bumps and bruises...

… We took our first trip to the zoo with good friends. We found out Flamingos are his favorite......

… he went to the Circus for the first time and rode an Elephant (with me) . He also got his face painted like Spiderman...



...he also learned how to play soccer, tennis and baseball.

Those were his favorites to do this summer with his Cousins (Ryann and Cullen) when they came over to play.


He even rode on an airplane (before I have even had a chance to) when he went to Dallas with his Grandmother for a week to visit family on his Father’s side.


Tristan turned 4 this Summer on June 3rd. He had discovered Spiderman earlier this year and, of course, has had to have everything that has a Spiderman logo or anything that deals with the Spiderman character. Naturally, we had a Spiderman Birthday party too.

Halloween was even a blast since he got to wear his costume several times before Halloween and has practically worn it out since then.

Because of all of this, we are still very happy and blessed each and every day by God. Looking over the past year and at all that has happened in both our lives, we wouldn’t trade any of it for the world.


Until next time… May God bless you and yours each and every day!

No comments: